Creative Thoughts

Creative Thoughts
Serenity

Saturday 29 September 2012

Pink Fantasy purse note pads


One of my favourite colours is pink and I am also fond of mettalic shades in cardstock.  I made these "purse type" covers for lined pads.  They open either from the sides or bottom of the pads.   You will need strong glue to adhere lined pad to the card stock. To decorate....all kinds of delicious possibilities.  They fasten with a small velcro piece glued to the underside of the flap.


 
 
I've stamped this one with (as you can see) butterflies from a stamp set gifted to me by Joe Roberts from England.  I used my scallop circle punch to make the dark pink "clasp" and scattered some gems for added dazzle.  By now you've noticed I love glitz !  The stiff pink and silver strip is from the busy marketplace in Mumbai (of which I've mentioned in my previous post) and is sold in bunches of 9 yards each.  Why 9 yards ?  Because generally, the length of a saree is 9 yards and these ribbon strips are stitched onto otherwise plain sarees, as borders.

  

I call this Pink Paisley.   To one side of the design paper, I've glued on pink rick rack.  I've cut out two motifs from the same paper and decorated the two ends of the flap.  I stamped the label shape onto thick cardstock of a darker pink shade, cut it out and embellished it with two floral "gems".   
 








 
Pink Lace
This is also giftwrap paper that looks like fabric and even feels like it.  The background is almost transparent and the flowers are lined with silver so there was no need for more embellishment.  
 
Hydrangea & candy stripes.
 
   
The hydrangea motif and butterfly were cut out from old cards.  I mounted the hydrangea picture on stiff paper, cut it into shape and stuck it on the cover.  The candystripe bit on the flap is again giftwrap paper.  The stripes have a gilt edge which does not show in my pics.
What do you think of them ?
 
You will find a post my mini notebooks here.
 
Stamps used: Papertreyink's Take Note set.
 
 







If you do make anything from my blog and post it on yours please be sure to give me credit and a link back to my blog.




    







2 comments:

  1. These are all so beautiful. The papers, the giftwrap and the pink/silver strip are wonderful. I have never thought of using giftwrap - such a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they ! The purse type covers are my personal favourite.

    ReplyDelete