Creative Thoughts

Creative Thoughts
Serenity

Saturday 28 September 2013

Fall leaves ice pail

 
There was a time when I thought glass painting was only for windows !  I’ve come a long way since and there’s no end to visualizing images on glass. The biggest "wow" factor for me was when sunlight shone through the glass of my first ever attempt at faux stained glass painting.  I now see painting on a simple object as creating something pretty, out of nothing.  

There was this plain ice pail I bought that I just had to work on.  I love drawing twigs and leaves.
It doesn't show on the photos but the leaves are edged with gold and copper glass liner.




It looks really good when filled with ice cubes that lend a frosty background to the fall leaves.
I later gifted it to the younger of my two brothers.

And now I must catch up with my favourite blogs - can’t wait to see all the projects that my blogger friends came up with.

Lena


6 comments:

  1. Hi Lena, this is beautiful, so autumnal, I am sure your brother loved it. Take care.
    Carol.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lena this is just so beautiful, I love the design and colours, it would be good to see the ice in it, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. I should have taken a photo with ice in it.

      Delete
  3. Hi Lena, Stunning piece of art.. Love the effect..I bet it looked amazing with the ice...your brother will treasure this I'm sure...Have a happy week...Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks May. I replied to your comment but it doesn't show on my blog. You have a good week ahead too !
    Love, Lena

    ReplyDelete