Creative Thoughts

Creative Thoughts
Serenity

Tuesday 17 March 2015

"Stamped" Pencil Holder



Hi everyone !

I have had a fun time visiting some of your blogs and I absolutely love your creations.  Thanks to all of you who make time to visit mine and for your sweet comments.

This pencil holder is a very plain (but solid) acrylic one I bought from a stationary shop.  Since it was white in colour and had a neat black border at the bottom,, I did not have to paint it.  The decoupage work was done with a layer of Mod Podge, under some stamps from my very, very, old collection of used stamps.  I have a sizable horde from my years of working in a travel company. Two coats of matte Mod Podge over the stuck stamps and the gift for my son was ready. He had been visiting us at Christmas.  It was not a Christmas gift but one he took away when he left India.  
I just remembered I had taken a picture.  Sorry it's taken me so long to post this but nowadays my brain is like a sieve.  Later, I made a slightly smaller but similar one for a dear friend from the UK who was also visiting us.




Lena




7 comments:

  1. Brilliant.design and stamps along with the fab colour tones used..xx
    {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is marvellous Lena. I am sure it has pride of place on Shawns desk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant make Lena, your stamps are so colourful, and design is fab, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Lena!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and such a great idea!!!! Have some fun on your trip and thanks for all the wonderful comments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Lena,

    I hope everything is going well with you. I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you. Hugs to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous creation Lena...Love the stamps... Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete